Every few years or so, a house renovation is required to make it look new and repair certain portions damaged by wear and tear or the elements.
Painting is one major renovation that brings fresh colour to your home, literally and figuratively. Fresh colours can add a new personality to your home. A new coat of paint can brighten up dark spots in your house and make small areas seem more spacious.
However, there are many things to consider before painting your house. If you’re considering DIY, then remember that it will take lots of time and effort to achieve the look you want. If you don’t have the time and effort, then consider hiring professional painting services.
The best commercial painters in Sydney and the painting company that fits your home are just out there for you to choose from. They can provide expert advice and inspiration for your home’s best mood and ambience.
In this article, let’s examine why hiring commercial painting services, such as Talbot’s Services, for your home is the best option.
Why Hire Professional Painting Services for Your Home
You need to consider a lot of factors when choosing the right painting company. But before we go there, let’s look at what professional painters can do for your home.
- State-of-the-art equipment—Most painting companies, big or small, have access to modern equipment that makes the painting process more efficient and accurate. This includes tools, such as scaffoldings to reach higher places, better brushes, paint sprays and personal protective equipment.
Knowledge—Professional painters have extensive experience in the field. They know what colours mix well with the surroundings. Before starting the painting procedure, they can show a catalogue of paint types and colours that would fit a specific surface. This ensures the best aesthetic for your home.
- Flexible customer service—A reliable commercial painting company will ensure they give you the best customer service. They ensure that the procedure proceeds without a hitch and finishes in time and will adjust their schedule based on your availability.
- Preparation and Repairs—Professional painters clean and repair ceilings and walls before they start the painting procedure. This is to avoid uneven surfaces like cracks, crevices, nail holes and dents that may damage the quality of the painting.
Factors to Consider When Hiring Painting Contractors
Now that you have several good reasons to hire a professional painter, the question now is, how do you know you’re hiring the best commercial painters in Sydney?
Here are the factors to consider when choosing qualified and professional painting services:
- List Down Your Expectations—There are a lot of painting companies in Australia. This means that there are hundreds of options when choosing a commercial painting company. It might become overwhelming and confusing, so you must narrow your expectations. A way to concisely list the specifics is by writing a Statement of Work (SOW). Included in the SOW are the areas that need painting, restrictions for the painters, additional expenses, deadlines and a guarantee period.
- List Down the Painting Companies—Once you’ve listed down your preferences, it’s essential to cross-reference them with the painting companies to find the best match. You can search online or ask friends and colleagues for recommendations.
- Research—It’s essential to research these companies to know their quality of service. Gathering reputable reviews of your painting contractors from references and previous clients is a great way to assess if their standards are up to par.
- Signed Quotations—This is a crucial factor to consider. Companies that offer low prices put add-ons later when the painting starts. Ask for a detailed quotation from the painting contractors with their signature on it.
- Safety Measures—Ensure that the painting company you choose adheres to safety measures and has the proper training certifications in scaffolding, lead and respirators. They must follow safety protocols to avoid accidents and injuries for the workers and family members.
- Equipment and Expertise—Each house is built differently and has varying sizes and building materials. That means no painting projects are the same and require different equipment and expertise.
Make sure the painting company has a dynamic team with the proper approach to painting your home. Other than this, ensure they have the appropriate staff to handle different aspects, such as quality inspection, logistics, client handling and a single point of contact for business discussions.
- Payment Scheme—Choosing a contractor with a flexible payment scheme is advisable. It’s best not to pay the whole amount upfront. Pay the contractor in instalments.
Are Commercial Painting Services Reliable and Affordable?
Regarding reliability, no doubt getting professional painting services is the right option. More often than not, they have the proper expertise and know-how to give you the best painting job for your home.
As for affordability, that depends on the company. A high-quality painting job does not come cheap, so budget your finances before hiring a painting contractor. In hindsight, this could save you more money in the long run since you’re sure that the paint will last long before it’s due for another renovation.
Talbot’s Services: The Best Commercial Painters in Sydney
Did this article convince you to hire a commercial painting company? If so, why don’t you give us a call?
Talbot’s Services has the expertise you need for commercial painting, remedial and abseiling services. With 25 years of experience in this industry, we can assure you nothing but top-notch services. For more details about our services, call us at 02 8318 8080 today.